Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Favorites

My mom’s small group is close to completing the book Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst.  It’s awesome!  If you ever feel controlled by your emotions, maybe lose your cool here and there, and/or just feel like you need to get a better perspective this is the book for you. 

As a young mom who stayed at home with a toddler I certainly felt at times that my emotions were controlling me.  Sometimes….just sometimes…I may have acted as bad as a three year old having a tantrum.  This book certainly helped give me some practical applications and good thoughts based on Bible verses and truths from the Word of God.

If you’re looking for one more book to read before the summer ends this would be my recommendation.

Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions

 

If you are a coffee and chocolate lover this little 100 calorie snack is for you!  Chobani has these small greek yogurt cups flavored strongly with coffee and a hint of chocolate.  It is YUMMY!  A cool, delightful, small treat to have on a hot summer’s day.  Try one, I think you’ll love it.  (Disclaimer: I’m not a huge greek yogurt fan, but I loved these.)

WP_20130726_001

 

What’s summer with out some great music?  Spotify is like Pandora, a free online music provider.  But instead of having music chosen for you (like Pandora does) Spotify allows you to choose each title you want to listen to. 

If you have a popular song you want just search and add it to your playlist.  Although I still love Pandora, I’ve really liked Spotify when I’m in the mood to hear some of my favorite titles.

 

Of course, Corbin always makes my favorite list!  He’s a pretty lovable guy:)

WP_20130716_015

No comments:

Post a Comment