Tuesday, April 9, 2013

For Her…Yes

I saw my future flash before my eyes the other night. 

We went out to eat at a restaurant to celebrate Chris’s birthday and our waitress was a cute young college girl who was very friendly to Corbin.  They hit it off right away.

Well, supper was taking a while to come so I suggested Corbin color.  He adamantly refused that idea from me.  But only minutes later our waitress came.  She was chatting about the food being a few more minutes out and then she asked Corbin if he would color a picture for her while he waited.  What did the boy say:

“Sure I can!” and he whipped out those crayons and started coloring away.

My mouth dropped and I saw before my eyes my little boy grow up. The future laid before me when Corbin finds a great girl and he will listen to her and take her suggestions and not mine.

Right then and there I was determined that an arranged marriage needs to happen;)  I kid, I kid…kind of.  I am praying now that Corbin will find and marry a girl that I am in love with so that hopefully I can still influence Corbin just through his wife…sounds like a plan to me;)

Ahh, growing up is hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment