Saturday, February 9, 2013

Up All Night

It’s 1:19 am.  I’m up.  Why?  Because my child is.

Uhg.

Here’s the play by play of the thrilling events:

12:30 – Corbin is singing in bed.  I awake and think…what?!? 

12:40 – He’s still happily singing.  I’m still unhappily thinking what?!?

12:45 – I get up to use the bathroom and notice his light is now turned on in his room.  My what?!? increased tenfold and I wake up Chris.  I ask him “do you think it’s ok for Corbin to have his light on at 12:45 am?”  He groggily replies “I don’t know.”  My what?!? increases more.

12:49 – Chris and I enter into Corbin’s room for a midnight chat.  Corbin replies that he can’t sleep and it’s too dark.  Yes, it’s dark out because it’s the middle of the night!!

12:59 – Lights have stayed off and Corbin pitifully whines in the dark.  Chris goes in for one more “serious” chat and all has been quiet since. 

1:09 – I’m still up and can’t sleep. I feel a tad bit guilty that I’m on the computer while I just told Corbin to lay in bed if he couldn’t sleep.  Maybe I should take my own advice and just lay in bed.

1:18 – I’m hearing Corbin roll around in bed.  He’s still not asleep and neither am I.  This could be a long night…

No comments:

Post a Comment