Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful List in Pie Form

At our church playgroup the kids made thankful pies.  As you move around the pie each “slice” revealed things they were thankful for.

Let’s take a look at Corbin’s:

IMG_6802[1]

IMG_6804[1]

Corbin’s first thought of thankfulness was for his trucks and trains.  Not a surprise to me:)

Next up,

IMG_6799[1]

IMG_6792[1]

banana and yogurt were given their time of thanks.

So, at this point in the activity I felt that I needed to prompt him to remember the really important things to give thanks for…. like, I don’t know PEOPLE who daily care for your needs??  I really felt these people needed a little thanks…so Corbin of course said:

IMG_6794[1]

Grandma and Grandpa! 

Umm, no Corbin those weren’t the people I was thinking of.  Although they are all really great and it’s nice to be thankful for them let’s think again. 

The people who take care of ALL of your needs EVERY day…think on it….and go…

IMG_6791[1]

“Mom and Dad?”  He said questioningly.  Yes, Corbin, yes your parents.  I’m so glad you are thankful and appreciate the daily care we give you;) 

One day I’m confident I will not have to work so hard to make the pumpkin pie thankful list…one day:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

**Note: He also had listed friends.  This was an unprompted response and was so very sweet.  But, the picture of that was terrible.  He had his eyes closed and his face contorted.  But just for posterity sake I wanted all of his thankful list to be recorded here.  The prompted and unprompted responses:)

No comments:

Post a Comment