Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ten Little Fish

Corbin and I love to go to the library and search the shelves for books. He’s always captivated by new books.

The last time we were at the library we picked up Ten Little Fish by Audrey Wood.  (She also wrote The Napping House which is a popular kid’s book.)

WP_000317

As we were reading Ten Little Fish I thought it would be a great book to let Corbin “act” out. 

So I found a fish outline, printed off ten of them, and let him color while I cut them out.

These pictures show the deep thought Corbin went into when picking a color for the fish.

WP_000313

“Hmmm, what color shall I choose?  So many choices!”

WP_000314

“Oh yeah, I’ve found the perfect shade of red.  This fish will look dashing.”

WP_000316

“Mom, put the camera down.  I’m an artist at work. I require deep concentration.”

Then as I was reading the book he moved the fish according to the text.  WP_000320

The fish start in a line, but then they hide, jump, and swim, until only one little fish is left.  The ending is pretty cute so I won’t ruin that for you;)

WP_000345

WP_000350

WP_000340

 

If you’re looking for a fun activity pick up Ten Little Fish, print off some coloring sheets, and get busy!

WP_000338

No comments:

Post a Comment