Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

Today, after swimming lessons, Corbin and I came out of the building to go to the car.  We happily walked down the gazillion stairs at our “grandma” speed (which Corbin loves!) and then proceeded out to the parking lot. 

However, as I was walking down an aisle Corbin kept pulling on my hand and pointing in another direction and he said “car over there”.  I laughed, literally laughed and said “Nooo, Momma’s car is over here, this way.”  Then I stopped, I looked around and I realized maybe this kid is right.

Peering down the aisle I searched for my car, but didn’t see it.  Glancing over a couple of aisles and taking a quick look around I spotted our car.

Rats, my two year old was right.  All I could do was apologize for assuming I was right.  But all the way to the car I was asking him how he knew.  All the aisles look alike and especially from his vantage point I wondered what tipped him off that we weren’t going the right way.  Shocking, I never got an answer from him about how he knew.

Well, whatever it was I’m thankful he knew where the car was parked. 

I’m also thankful he has a better memory than me. So once safely in our car I needed to go to the store where I only needed to buy three items:  chicken, diapers, and Cheerios.  So of course I thought no need to write them down, but I did tell Corbin the three things.  When we got to the store I could remember two out of the three items and who helped me out with the last one…Corbin.  I casually asked him if he knew what we needed at the store (I did not want to tip him off about my forgetfulness;) and he proceeded to list them all off. 

Thank you Corbin!  I can see where this kid is going to be very useful.

So, today I’m thankful for Corbin and his ability to navigate me safely to my car and remembering what we need at the grocery store.  Corbin, this morning was a glimpse into your future with me;)

What is your thanks on this Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment