Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas?

Our house has experienced the “Charlie Brown Christmas Tree” Syndrome.  Meaning there’s not much up in the way of Christmas decorations in our house.

We put up two of my favorite decorations and that’s all.  I heard someone say the other day that this year they went simple because they wanted to remember that this season is about Jesus’  birth and not get caught up in the other “stuff”.

As much as I would like to claim that was our reason too, it wasn’t.  I was just feeling lazy and a little scrooge-like at the start of the season.  Although I do think simple is an important reminder that Jesus came simply into this world.

What we do have up are two of my favorite Christmas decorations.

The tree, minus decorations…(looks a little “Charlie Brown Tree-ish”)

IMG_2859

and the nativity scene.

IMG_2861

Although at times I miss the other decorations I have to say this year I’m really ok with the minimalistic Christmas decorations.  I know come January 1st when I would have spent half the day taking everything down I will REALLY appreciate my decision, lack of effort, and overall general laziness with decorating. :)

For now, if you visit my house just think “wow this girl is keeping it simple in honor of Jesus’ birth”.  I think this statement is far better than the real reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment