Monday, December 12, 2011

How Many Bags Does It Take?

December is a busy travel month.  It seems that we are always packing a bag for an overnight stay here and there.

Well an overnight stay shouldn’t require that much work.  So really, how many bags do you have to haul with you?

For my little ole family of three last weekend we hauled one suitcase, one hanging clothes bag, and two other smaller bags.

But I must admit that when it was just Chris and I we often would take two bags for an overnight trip.  I have this thing with shoes and jeans.  I never seem to pick outfits that use the same pair of jeans or shoes.  It just doesn’t work out that way, which means I pack multiple pairs of each.  Chris just doesn’t understand…

However, with having Corbin I really have tried to be more of a streamline packer and try very, very hard to pack less.  I’m doing much better, but no one could probably tell because now instead of over-packing for myself I over-pack for Corbin. :)

I also noticed as we were going to church the other day that I might be slightly over-packing for that as well.  I take two bags.  One for me with all of his diapers and necessities and one for activities and snacks.  Could I find a way to consolidate?  Probably, but I have a system now that works with the two bags so I’ll probably continue to haul those around the church at least until Corbin has graduated from high school. ;)

So how many bags do you travel with?  Are you over-packers as well?  I feel a deep sense of security when I have over-packed, and I feel like I have everything I need.  Umm, I’m sure there’s a deep-seeded issue there that could take years to uncover in therapy.…:)

As you travel this Christmas season take note; how many bags do you need? 

Happy Packing…maybe I’ll see you on the over-packed express!

1 comment:

  1. What??? You are an over-packer. This is completely new to me! HA HA.
    I do think that once the diapers are done, the traveling seriously became easy again overnight. I think 1-2 years is when we packed the most to travel with (even more than newborn... of course we didn't travel as much with a newborn...hmmmm)

    ReplyDelete