Friday, October 14, 2011

Pinterest

Blogging, it’s fun, but it takes time.  However, since I’m keeping record of Corbin’s “growing up” I feel like it’s time well spent.

Facebook.  Started it, but never got hooked.  Thank goodness, because I can see how people lose hours of their life checking up on other people’s lives.

Twitter.  Haven’t tried it and don’t plan on starting it.  I just can’t imagine what 140 characters of wisdom I could pass on that people would want to read.

I’ve tried to avoid many different social medias by not even starting them because I just don’t want to have them drain my time.

However, I was in class on Saturday and someone was presenting about a Web 2.0 program called Pinterest.  I had heard of it  but had resisted checking it out…avoidance is key when it comes to these things. 

But when one is sitting in class with a laptop and internet access in front of them….well then all one has is time:)  So I went and signed up and checked out Pinterest.

IT IS ADDICTIVE.  IT IS AMAZING.  IT IS NOTHING BUT A TIME TAKER!!  Beware, I’m not writing this post to encourage you to check out Pinterest.  If you do so, that’s fine, but just know I’m writing this as a cautionary tale.  Pinterest is a vortex that pulls time away from you. 

What is Pinterest?  A place you can search for and "pin” ideas on different boards.  So if you want recipes you search for different recipes and then pin them on your recipe board.  Need birthday party ideas? Search for those and then pin them on your birthday party board.

It really sounds simple and not so addictive, but it is. 

I’m sad to say I’m now a Pinterest addict.  I need help.  I blame my 8 hour library media technology class on Saturday for giving me the freedom and time to begin Pinterest.

Masters Class:  $1,500

Gas Money to drive to class: $25

Addiction to Pinterest: Priceless

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenn. I totally know what you mean. It is addictive. It also has been helpful for me to find things that Jaycee and I can do in the mornings. I also found some cheap ideas for holidays and decorating projects. Just a hobby I guess, but totally addictive. Glad to hear you like it.

    Mira

    ReplyDelete