Sunday, April 12, 2015

Roaring into 5

We celebrated Corbin’s 5th birthday this weekend with our first friend only party (Plus all of our family…which made it like 2 adults to every child that got dropped off.  Needless to say to worked out wellSmile.)

IMG_1262

I made a gluten free dinosaur cake and some nongluten free cupcakes.  The dinosaur was supposed to be red, but it turned out pink.  I just could not get it to go red and then I ran out of food coloring.  So, I showed Corbin he was ok with it and we went with it. 

IMG_1241IMG_1242IMG_1245

First on the party agenda, “arts and crafts”, The kids had bags to decorate, a dinosaur sticker scene, and coloring sheets.

IMG_1250

Then they took their bags out for a dinosaur egg hunt….

IMG_1282

and they were off!

IMG_1283

After that we all headed in to sing Corbin happy birthday.

IMG_1306

While the cake and ice cream were being served and set at the kid’s places at the table I read a few birthday dinosaur books.  What’s a party without books…says no one but a librarianWinking smile

IMG_1312

Then we ate our treats and Corbin opened presents.  He had some great expressions and was really excited over every present!

IMG_1325

My favorite was his excitement over what was in the purple bag.  Can you guess what it is? 

You probably should just stop guessing because I don’t think it’s a typical gift that would make a 5 year old giddy and scream in delight.

It was a digital clock for his room.  Yup, he loves to know the time and have a plan.  What can I say, he is my child.

IMG_1348IMG_1381IMG_1446IMG_1458

Finally, the party ended up with the kids running around and playing outside.  The game I had planned with balloons did not work because it was too windy, so we had a little extra free time.  But the kids did so well playing together.

IMG_1510IMG_1526IMG_1547

The kids started sitting on this little wall and it made a great picture.  Unfortunately, some of the kiddos had already left, so they aren’t all there.  In the future I’m going to try and remember this spot to get everyone in a shot.

IMG_1530

Happy 5th birthday my little dinosaur!  We love you forever and always.

IMG_1430

No comments:

Post a Comment