Monday, December 8, 2014

This and That

Last week Corbin had the stomach bug.  Yuck!  It’s really no fun for him or us, the parents, who have to clean up his mess.  But, we all survived.

When sweet boy naps during the day you know he is sick.  This was an afternoon that Daddy had sick duty and stayed home from work.

(Oh, are you wondering why the mismatched PJs?  Think multiple messes and running out of PJ options…yikes!)

IMG_20141203_152346893

Corbin helped me do some cooking for upcoming parties we have.  Well, bless his heart he tried to be helpful, but things got a lot messy and although I thought I gave clear directions, I apparently did not and some ingredients might have been dumped at the wrong time.  But, we had fun!  He said, “mommy, I’m sorry I just don’t know these recipes.  This is the first time I’ve cooked them.”  So, true!

We also attempted self taken family photos for our Christmas cards.  I’ll admit it, I didn’t want to do them this year.  I really didn’t even want to put up decorations.  I know, “bah humbug” to me.  But, I was content with just listening to my Christmas music.

As usual, Chris rallied the troops and we have decorations up and now we have some family pictures that are on a card.  This is how much time we took…about 10 minutes. 

It was after church, on a rainy day (got rained on), and since the pictures are waist and above there were comfy pants on below my sweater.  Corbin had played with his sweater sleeves during sunday school because they looked big and stretched out, however I wasn’t going to change his clothes.  Finally, I had ice cream waiting for after we successful got some decent pictures. No one is above bribing when it comes to getting a good picture fast.  (And let’s be honest that ice cream was just as much for Chris and I as for Corbin.  Who likes to take pictures?)

These are a few of the attempts:

IMG_0823IMG_0815IMG_0816

So, you can see there were no creative things happening, no cute coordinated outfits, and a simple background of a tree you can’t really see.  BUT, we have Christmas cards…so know if you get one (and I’m sure all of my two faithful readers will…hi Mom and GG). These cards were made for you and although we maybe not have made them with a ton of enthusiasm we do send them with lots of love!

Ok, off to start a week of Christmas parties and get togethers!  This week is packed with holiday fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment