Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Some Firsts

Today Corbin had a first and so did I.  They weren’t good firsts to have and they certainly weren’t pleasant, but nevertheless they were firsts.  Therefore, I will document themSad smile

We’ll start with Corbin.  He’s been running a high fever the past few days and tonight it became very obvious he needed medical attention.  So, I took him to the minor emergency clinic.  We had the sweetest doctor who was awesome with Corbin, but she thought he had strep.  So she had to swab his throat.  Not so awesome for Corbin.

He was SO not liking that.  He cried and was completely inconsolable while waiting for the results.  Poor guy, he was not well!

20140611_224426011_iOS

The normally 5 minute strep test took less then 1 minute.  He completely and undeniably tested positive for strep.  So, that was Corbin’s first – strepSad smile

I ran Corbin home after the doctor and then went to Target to pick up his medicine.  By the time it was filled, bedtime for Corbin was nearing and I wanted to make sure he got his first dose in before he went to sleep.  (Trust me when I say this boy was TIRED!  He could not get comfortable all afternoon and rest for him was not happening.  My day was pretty much spent holding him.)

So, I start off for home.  I am coming up on a stop light that’s yellow, but I feel like I either have to go for it or really slam on my brakes.  I wanted to get home so I go for it…as I’m going into the intersection it turns red.  Oh crap, bad call for me.

What made a bad call for me even worse, the cop sitting at the stoplight.  He of course whipped on those lights and I get pulled over.

I didn’t even try to explain.  Besides, I knew I made a mistake.

I did find some things to be grateful for in those anxious moments of waiting for a ticket: Corbin wasn’t with me, there was no accident, and God prompted me earlier that day to put in my new insurance card in my car.

So, that was my FIRST…my very first traffic ticket.  My very first pullover, my very first offense.  It cost me my pride and $175Sad smile  But, I am thankful that my bad choice did not effect anyone else.

I now have a new traffic motto.  Instead of a yellow light indicating to me to speed up, I now will see yellow as a sign to stop, stop, stop…!

I can’t handle any more firsts today (or for the rest of the week please)! 

Some firsts are good and some are bad.  Unfortunately, today was full of not so good firsts.  But, I know there’s still much to be thankful for and many other firsts to come that will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment