Saturday, January 11, 2014

DIY

I’m not really a DIY kinda of gal.  But, I took the plunge and decided to restain our entry table.  Well, I guess I shouldn’t say I did it because it was really Chris who did the workSmile  But I spear headed the project and that counts for something, right?

In our new house we have dark wood floors and this entry table is a lighter wood.  It just needed to be darkened up to flow better with our floors. 

So Chris brought out the sander, we picked out some stain, and we (or really just Chris) went to work (and I supervised).

20131226_230113798_iOS

After Chris started sanding a small section I think we both started doubting ourselves.  He asked me if I was sure that this was what I wanted, but at that point it seemed a little too late to turn back.  So, we forged ahead.

20131227_002015589_iOS

And this is the final outcome.  After it was done we decided that it probably needs a protective coat, so we’ll be doing that, but overall it looks much better with a darker stain.

20140111_224053583_iOS

Yea for our DIY project success!

No comments:

Post a Comment