Friday, December 13, 2013

We Have a Problem

The problem starts with a “V” and ends with “acuum”.  Yes, the vacuum. 

20131202_161719829_iOS

I wish this post was all in jest, but it’s not.  I have a three year old who likes to vacuum.  No, “like” is not strong enough. Maybe loves…entranced…hypnotized…enamored…

You get the point, this child loves to vacuum.  Yes, I know this sounds great: a child who wants to vacuum for you and clean your house.  But, the grass is not always greener people.

20131202_161529688_iOS

When vacuuming time is over or when we don’t need to vacuum (b/c let’s say we just spent 45 minutes vacuuming the day before) then there is a melt down.  A. MELT. DOWN.  Crying, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.  Let’s remember this is over NOT vacuuming.

So, a solution I have to this problem is to offer up his vacuuming services and make momma a little cash on the side (I kid, I kid, unless you want to pay him, then we will only put it in his college fund, I promiseWinking smile) He really enjoys doing it and he’s actually very good.  He is conscious to not hit the walls and trust me when I say he is thorough.

20131202_161650605_iOS

Ahh, my little Corbin, I love your cleaning spirit! May it ever persist into the teen years and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. Not a single thing surprises me in this post. What.. Corbin, Jennifer's son and a Miller grandson, excels in keeping a clean home? Say it isn't so! You should find a nice & believable toy vacuum for Corbin for Christmas. I'll pay him if I don't have to supervise (or even be in the house). He can vacuum while Haddie SCREAMS. She runs and cries when I turn ours on. It's too loud or scares her I guess. This is a sign in our children!

    ReplyDelete