Friday, November 4, 2011

Our Book Recommendation

Corbin LOVES to read books.  Don’t get me wrong, I love that he loves to read.  But oh my, there are some days where I just can not handle reading the SAME book again and again and again and again….

IMG_2595

But I know that repetition is important, so I do it.  We own many books, but to keep things interesting for me and Corbin, I have been going to the library every few weeks to pick out some new books.  (Although when I have to return them and they are no longer in the house…well you can imagine Corbin is devastated for a few hours and does not understand.  But that’s another issue:)

IMG_2590

Anyway, this week I found a book that both Corbin and I enjoy reading.  (That’s always a plus when it’s read at least 20 times in ONE day.  Really it’s not an exaggeration…I only wish it were)

IMG_2596

Dog’s Colorful Day by Emma Dodd is an awesome book.  It incorporates color recognition and counting into an engaging story about a dog who becomes filled with colorful dots during a busy day.

IMG_2594

Corbin enjoys finding the different colored dots on the dog and seeing the dog become more and more colorful as the story progresses.

IMG_2584

I like the number aspect of the story because it is a visual and interactive way to count the spots on the dog. 

IMG_2592

If you are looking for a good read, try Dog’s Colorful Day!  It has received two thumbs up in our house:)

No comments:

Post a Comment