Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Playgrounds

Corbin and I have been spending several summer mornings at a couple of different parks around town.

This boy has developed some skills on the slide.  I cannot express my deep appreciation and delight that he has learned how to get himself up to the slide (only small ones…that’s me, I’m a mom, I worry:) and then get himself sliding down where I’m at the bottom to assist if it should be needed.  My arms and back are so very thankful as well.  That boy was getting heavy to lift up onto the slide!

WP_000024

WP_000028

WP_000026

He also loves to swing, which has always been a favorite for him.  But now when I take him out and he’s not ready to be done swinging I hear about it.  He certainly places a rather strongly worded request to let me put him back up into that swing.

This morning we ate our morning snack at the park, and by the bench was a puddle of water.  He began playing in it and having a great time and I began to wonder where did this water come from and should I be letting my child play in this unknown water source?  Well, I just tried not to think about any specifics and let him play in it for a few minutes.  I’ll let you know if he contracts some rare disease and we can all look back and then judge that I made the wrong decision…I’m sure he’ll be fine:)

WP_000021

Corbin and I have been loving the playgrounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment