Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ouch!

Maybe it’s my overprotective first-time mom tendencies that have kept Corbin bruise and bump free most of his life, but this week everything changed.

In a matter of one week – let’s be more specific – in the matter of FIVE days this child has had the following: a huge goose egg with bruise, his first blood gusher, and two scrapes. All were located on his face.

How does this happen?  A trip to Grandma and Grandpa’s house.  Now I’m not laying blame on them, because two of the three incidents took place when I was standing right there and they weren’t even around.  So I’m not saying it’s their fault; I’m just saying it all happened there.  The scene of the ouches were at the grandparents’ house.

It began with a fall into a table.  This resulted in an immediate goose egg and bruise on his forehead.  Then it was a fall on the wood floor where he bit into his lip and had blood running out. (This was the first time I had seen blood coming out of my baby…sad sight.)  And finally, in the garage, after many happy minutes of playing in between the cars he slid on the floor and scraped his forehead.

I expected he would bruises at some point, but I didn’t expect for so much to happen to his little face in one week.  By the end of the week it was almost embarrassing to take him out of the house with his little bruised and cut face.

We had a CRAZY busy week so I did not get a chance to take pictures until today so the damage is healing nicely and hardly visible, but trust me when I say it was a sad sight to see.

IMG_0954“Don’t worry I’m fine and still super cute, even with a few bumps and bruises.  In fact, I just think it helps my image around the ‘hood.”

IMG_0952“Here’s a close up.  You can see the little scrapes that are on my forehead and the bottom left of my lip is slightly swollen.  Oh, and then there is just a slight bruise mark on the right side of my forehead where my goose egg used to be.  Are you all seeing this?  I had a tough week!”

No comments:

Post a Comment