Saturday, January 7, 2017

Reading Session with a Dog -- Not So Much

Our local library had an event where you could go read with therapy dogs. Corbin, who is not super outgoing and open to new situations, was very hesitant. But with the encouragement (and maybe a push or two into the room) Corbin got in there and read to the dog.

His take away….the dog had stinky breath. So it wasn’t his favorite thing to do. But we told Corbin that now he’s tried it once if he chooses not to do that again it’s ok. It’s really important to try new things out first before deciding if you like them or not.

If you like dogs (and Corbin loves Grandma’s dog, so I thought he would love this) this is the event for you. However, if you not a fan of animals (that would be me) it’s not so much the thing to do.  Is it horrible that I am totally glad Corbin didn’t like it? I too thought the dog had stinky breath and I did not totally enjoy myself either.

Chris loved on the dog, while Corbin and I stuck to what we do best…read. Pretty sure a dog will not be a part of our household in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment