Thursday, May 29, 2014

Catch Up

Sooo, it’s been awhile and in that time you would think I would have a plethora of pictures and stories.  But, I don’t.  I mean I have plenty of stories.  Really too many to recap.  But pictures….oh don’t even get me started.  I have few pictures because I get caught up and forget.

But I do have a quick recap of the last few weeks at our household:

*Corbin has had several birthday parties, including his first drop off kid party.  Can I say I love those!  While he partied Chris and I bought patio furniture and ate ice cream.  Really, what’s not to love…shopping and eating kid free! 

*Corbin and Chris went to explore dinosaurs.  An exhibit came and they got to see dinosaurs bones, become archeologists, and enjoy the land before time while I chose to miss out on all that adventure to grocery shop and clean.  I think it was a good trade offSmile

*I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  So, I’m gluten free. Gone are the days of carefree eating of bread, pizza, and all things yummy. Winking smile It’s been a fun new challenge!  And for the record let’s all just put in a word of thanks that it was me that has Celiac Disease, because Chris said he would (and I quote directly) “die within a week” if he had it. Oh my!

*Summer vacation has begun this week!  Sleeping in until 10, laying around watching TV….oh wait that was before I had a child.  Umm, summer vacation looks an awful lot like real life, not so much a vacation.  Laundry, cleaning, feeding, cleaning, playing, cleaning, playing…..you get the picture.  I really should rename this time of year.  Maybe school duty vacation, time off from ONE of my  jobs….I’ll get back to you.  But, regardless we are on “vacation” for summerSmile

*We’ve had picnics, family time, lake time, play dates, playground fun, and we just picked up our neighborhood pool key, so we’ll be trying that out…in a few weeks.  Seriously, it has to be smoking HOT outside for me to jump into water.  Oh, you are wondering how can I be at the lake and not get wet.  Well, it’s very possible, but if I feel the need to ski before July I have a wet suit.  Yup, a wet suit because it may be 80 degrees outside, but that water is not even close to warm at the beginning of summer.

*And finally here’s a recap of part of our Memorial weekend at the lake: It was cold. And we believe in child labor.

20140524_131614_Android

20140524_151810_Android

That about recaps our weeks here and I even found a few pictures to add in…wow, I’m good at thisWinking smile

I’ll be back sooner rather than later, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment